What is Health Surveillance
Health surveillance is a system of ongoing health checks. Health surveillance is important for:
- Detecting ill-health effects at an early stage, so employers can introduce better controls to prevent them getting worse
- Providing data to help employers evaluate health risks
- Enabling employees to raise concerns about how work affects their health
- Highlighting lapses in workplace control measures, therefore providing invaluable feedback to the risk assessment
- Providing an opportunity to reinforce training and education of employees (eg on the impact of health effects and the use of protective equipment)
What do you need to do as an employer
Employers have a legal responsibility to provide these health checks to employees who may be exposed to noise or vibration, ionising radiation, solvents, fumes, dusts, biological agents and
other substances hazardous to health, or work in compressed air.
How can we help
At Imago Health and Safety Consultants we have experienced staff who can help you:
- Review your workplace risk assessments to identify if there is any need for health surveillance
- Set-up and design health surveillance programmes according to your needs
If you require further information please contact us.